Some important information for guests:
1. Please enter via the VIP entrance to Capital Lounge @ Zouk, which is located close to CO1 taxi stand at Clarke Quay.
2. For drivers: Please park at Canning Lane. To locate the VIP entrance AFTER parking, make a left onto River Valley Road, and then another left onto the pedestrian path at the taxi stand. Alternative parking is available at Liang Court.
3. Doors will open at 7.00 p.m.
4. This is a free-seating event so please do come early to reserve a good spot!
5. Do help yourself to refreshments at the bar before and after the concert.
When what shouldn’t happen in a classical music concert happens...
Altenberg Lieder | Alban Berg
(with use of extended piano techniques to mirror orchestral timbres)
Chansons de Bilitis | Claude Debussy
(with visuals, staging and lighting)
Wesendonck Lieder | Richard Wagner
(With short dramatic recitations and piano improvisations)
…Can you take the heat?
Presenting an edgy classical music experience at Zouk, Singapore’s dance mecca, are two of Singapore’s most exciting musicians Jade Tan Shi Yu (Mezzo-Soprano, www.jadetanshiyu.com) and Churen Li (Piano, www.lichuren.com). Enjoy a cocktail mix of classic and offbeat performative elements with a straight shot of experimentalism, as we question the traditions of classical music performances.
Jade: An acclaimed mezzo-soprano who sings with “nuance” and with “great ability in portraying emotion and meaning”, The Straits Times, Jade Tan Shi Yu was the Grand-prize winner of the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music’s Concerto Competition 2016 and Best Singaporean Artist in the Singapore Lyric Opera’s ASEAN Vocal Competition 2016. She was honored the title of President’s Young Performer in 2016. Jade is also the main producer of the first Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music Alumni Festival 2018, Voyage Festival. She made her operatic debut as Dorabella from Mozart’s Così fan tutte in the Hannover Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien, Germany and has since performed the roles of Giannetta in the Singapore Lyric Opera’s Production of L’Elisir d’amore (2017) and Zora in Serbian-born Ana Sokolovic’s Svadba(2018), a New Music opera composed in 2010 which won the prize of Outstanding New Musical/ Opera in the Dora Mavor Moore Awards.
- The event description was updated. Diff#371699 2018-09-20 04:36:14